Margo Post, RN (941) 323-9776
The Presbyterian Church (USA) believes that Parish Nursing is a faithful response to Christ’s call to the ministry of health, healing and wholeness. Parish Nursing can play an important role in the physical, emotional, and spiritual growth of its members. Jesus Christ provided a model for care by his concern for the physical, emotional, and spiritual healing of people. Parish Health Ministries can help us to care for one another and meet our needs by:
Focusing on wellness and disease prevention through education.
Moving from dependent to involved care of our health.
Creating a whole-person approach to health involving body, mind, and spirit.
Please feel free to contact the parish nurse at the number listed on the left or use the form to schedule a time to meet with her at the church anytime you have a health-related question or need information about medical resources in our area.
The primary interest in this ministry is to help people assume responsibility for their own health and develop insight into the many causes of illness. Any member or regular attendee of the congregation may contact the Parish Nurse for health information or health counseling.
Parish Nurse Ministry
The Bee Ridge Prescription Fund was started many years ago with an anonymous gift made in order to assist those who might occasionally have trouble paying for prescription medications. The guidelines for receiving assistance are as follows:
1. You may receive help if you are part of the Bee Ridge family, but not necessarily a member.
2. You may approach any staff member to ask for assistance, or help may be offered by a staff member.
3. Assistance should be for a short time; long term assistance may need to be secured through other avenues; you may speak to the pastor or parish nurse for advice.
4. Ordinarily, the prescription shall be paid directly to the pharmacy by the church. In some cases, a prescription already paid by the individual may be reimbursed by the church.
5. The Parish Nurse, the Pastor and the Administrator shall have full oversight of these funds and shall be careful to keep confidentiality.
6. Occasional announcements in the bulletin and newsletter shall remind members of the fund. Individual needs differ, and the church staff may seek to assist through other means.